CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

There Is Something About Putting Raisins In A Mouth That Makes Me Queazy

I don't like raisins. Never have. Tastes like something you really shouldn't be eating. Kind of dry and rubbery. Weird texture. Looks like it imploded and was turned inside out. Bad aftertaste, too. And yet, oddly enough, I love grapes! Why bother ruining a perfectly good thing? I don't know of too many other foods that can transform into a completely different deformed shape, color and taste... AND still be considered edible. Yet, people continue to eat raisins. When something has turned black, is all shriveled up and has undergone some freakish metamorphic alteration, well, to me it's considered rotten. No thanks, I'm not putting THAT in my mouth... Why are they even called raisins? Wouldn't it just be easier to refer to the two as: "grapes" and "dead grapes"?... You know, I can however think of a few vegetables that I'd like to have mutate into something maybe a little tastier... (Mmm! New and improved flavor! It's broccolicious!)

0 comments: